We are a growing company and are always on the lookout for smart, motivated people who would like to join us! Our main office is in Berkeley, California, and we also have several staff who live and work in Santiago, Chile. Working remotely from any of our destinations is an option. Nearly all of our travelers are from the U.S. and our documents are in English.
We are also always on the lookout for great people to join our sales team. If you have experience in South and Central American travel sales, please send your resume or CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Follow up on potential leads by phone and email to sell Vaya Adventures’ trips (no cold calling is involved).
- Interact and consult with potential clients regarding trip plans: includes explaining in detail the nature of our trips; answering questions about the trips; making suggestions based on information received from potential clients; and determining whether the person is a good fit for the types of tours that we offer.
- Prepare itineraries: includes drafting trip outlines, communicating with in-country operators and suppliers about availability and logistics; preparing proposals for potential clients; completing sales; and booking itineraries.
- Prepare trip documents for booked itineraries, including final itineraries and Pre-Departure Materials.
- Data entry for new leads and new clients.
- General administrative work around the office, including filing documents and handling mailings.
- Whatever other tasks need to be accomplished.
- Travel experience in our destinations (at least some, but not necessarily all) and some Spanish skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, to interact with highly educated, inquisitive, and demanding clients who expect a very high level of service.
- Excellent writing skills, for both communicating by email with clients and drafting and finalizing client proposals and final itineraries. It is essential that the candidate have strong writing skills and be comfortable writing in grammatically correct English with potential clients.
- Customer service experience is required. This business requires excellent customer service skills, including: patience, enthusiasm, attention to detail, and efficient and effective follow-up.
- Excellent computer skills are essential, including full working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle a wide variety of responsibilities.
- Must be able to work effectively and use sound judgment with minimal supervision.
- Must have a B.A. or B.S. from an accredited university.
- Strong references that can confirm experience dealing with challenging, detail oriented work.
- Passion for travel and for Latin America in general.
Highly desirable, but not necessarily required:
- Sales experience and/or customer service experience in the travel industry.
HAVE QUESTIONS? TALK TO AN EXPERT. CALL US: (800) 342-1796